Condensate pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
condensate pipwork going to plastic gutter is this allowed?

I have fitted them like this but am not 100% sure !

Sponsored Links
i've always thought no but whats the difference going in the the top of a drain down to a gully than going alongside side and into a gully.

Only in situations where the gutter outlet runs to a combination drainage system that takes both rainwater and foul waste is this permissible

Sponsored Links
I saw one last winter completely iced up.

You appear to be a professional installer, and as such you should know better.

Anyone count on a no fingered hand how many people been prosecuted for incorrect condesate termination ?, no, put it where you like then

As long as your customer is happy in the knowledge that his boiler will stop working, due to frozen condensate, in cold weather.

How many fingers do you need to count such customers?

Last one I saw (before I changed their boiler) was just poking out the wall and discharging onto their patio. :LOL:

I cannot see any problem discharging into a gutter which is connected to a combined drainage system.

If you fit a condense nutraliser to the condense pipe does that mean you stick it were ever you like :LOL: ie: just disharge it on the path or gravel

is that an alpha? I had a similar thing happen to a glowworm cxi, but that time it was washine machine waste ...nice !

All the more reason to use an air break between condense discharge pipe & appliance outlet.

All the more reason to use an air break between condense discharge pipe & appliance condense outlet.
I tend to use hep valve or air break depending on boiler. some manus dont like air breaks indoors, and BG have a nasty habit of Id ing em :evil:
you cant of course account for someone elses install when your doing repairs though ;) hope they keep doing it, its good for business.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back