replacing combi with condensing combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have brought a new property and soon will be replacing our existing boiler with a condensing one, Do you know if there is much difference in pipwork needed when swapping a combi over with a condensing boiler or are they pratically the same

Sponsored Links
They should be nearly the same. The condensing boiler will need a drain off it and the other pipes may be in a different position order. The gas may also need to be enlarged depending on what size boiler you install ;)

Surely Paul you CORGI registered installer can advise you about this?

Apart from the need for a condensate drain thee is not much difference.

Tony

Sponsored Links
when i get him in he will be able to, was just wondering what work might be involved etc

Have just been quoted 1400 to replace a combi with a condensing combi (worcester one) and fit valves, getting two other quotes later in week, how does this price on the face of it sound to people?

for a worcester combi and (i presume you mean thermostatic rad valves) it sounds cheap.......bit too cheap so be carefull.

I agree it sounds too cheap. I would charge around £1700/£1900 + VAT, dependent on what other works need doing for the energy efficiency regs and a full pwerflush :eek:

wots a powerflush, the price is just for fitting new boiler etc and valves, nowt else

When fitting a new boiler onto an existing heating system the system should be powerflushed ie a machine that has a powerful pump in it and you add chemical cleanser to the water in the machine so it goes around entire system getting most of any sludge, scale or debris that is there. When finished system is drained then filled with a corrosion inhibitor to prolong life of system/new boiler. if this is not done then it can lead to premature failure of boiler and/or other components in system. If heat exchanger fault under warranty for example, then manufacturers would test water and if found to be 'dirty' you would not have a warranty :eek: This would add approx 0.5 days work to job at the end ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back