Condensate pipe

How can that leak "every time the toilet is flushed"?
That's just what I was thinking - it's above the WC in the dry/vent part of the stack. I googled Armaflex outdoor lagging and on the first page found a site where it could be got and even accept PayPal;) The hemp grommet is used behind a modern strap on boss with silicone to take up the gap against the iron soil pipe. Maybe there is a you tube video showing how it's made. There is in fact a diagram under " how to make a rope strop block" (hello sailor) and it's like that but the strand is longer and goes right round the circle you are forming.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I have 2 floors.

There is another bathroom and toilet above

:D

Then the leak you're getting is probably due to the condensate pipe protruding too far into the cast iron and catching bog roll on the end! It should just poke in about 10mil.

Hi
Well I didn't notice a block when I pulled out the old silicone. So it seemed to have a good run for 5 years.

I guess I will do something if that leak comes back or if the usual wear and tear of the lagging happens.

For now I think it will be ok. But yeah the pipe. Does go on and turn down so i couldn't even take it out. Next time I will cut it smaller. Never thought about tissue getting stuck.

I have 2 floors.

There is another bathroom and toilet above

:D

Then the leak you're getting is probably due to the condensate pipe protruding too far into the cast iron and catching bog roll on the end! It should just poke in about 10mil.

Sponsored Links
The stack may have failed and be leaking elsewhere... Especially if you have utilised the old vent part, to now serve as soil for added loft wc etc. In which case, wait until summer and replace in plastic... Even more so if there's any risk that fixings are deteriorating!

I checked it. And the only place it was leaking is where that condensate pipe joined.

We have tested a dozen times now and not one drop comes from there. I think I probably over did it with silicone lol. But I have painted it black now with weatherproof seal thing. It actually looks part of it all.

My next little project is a garage lol. But ill leave that for another post.

All of you guys have been great and I deeply appreciate input

:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back