Condensate waste pipe slightly larger than 21.5/22mm?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to join two pieces of condensate waste pipe from a combi boiler, but it seems like the pipe that has been used is slightly thicker than the 21.5/22mm stuff that's standard.

Hence, I can't seem to find anything that will allow me to join the pieces together - all I want is a straight-through coupler (preferably pushfit). Does anyone have any suggestions, as I'm well and truly stumped!

Sponsored Links
McAlpine Commpression Coupling they normally fit anything but on some boilers I have used a Wasshing machine flexible waste extension, the rubber push fit normally fits the condensate spiggot (Especially Remeha)
I then fit a washing machine waste upstand to take the condensate to drain (which is OK if you have the room to do it!) ;)

McAlpine Commpression Coupling they normally fit anything but on some boilers I have used a Wasshing machine flexible waste extension, the rubber push fit normally fits the condensate spiggot (Especially Remeha)
I then fit a washing machine waste upstand to take the condensate to drain (which is OK if you have the room to do it!) ;)

by far the easiest way to do this, trying to find a match for overflow pipe is trickier than any other pipes, it can be a nightmare and usually means ripping one half right out,

Thanks for the advice - any idea where I might be able to pick up a McApline 22mm compression coupling? I haven't seen anything like that anywhere I've looked, only the standard ones for 32mm and 40mm pipes.

Sponsored Links
Any 'proper' plumbers merchants will have them, feel free to join the queue on a Saturday morning to ask for them though.

DH

They all seem to be on godforsaken trading estates, with only a burger van for company.....

I'm trying to join two pieces of condensate waste pipe from a combi boiler, but it seems like the pipe that has been used is slightly thicker than the 21.5/22mm stuff that's standard.

Hence, I can't seem to find anything that will allow me to join the pieces together - all I want is a straight-through coupler (preferably pushfit). Does anyone have any suggestions, as I'm well and truly stumped!
It could be Marley overflow :evil: poxy b`stard sized stuff - but you can get adapters for it ;)

Heat one end of the overflow with an electric paint stripper like a high powered hair dryer then carefully push the other end into the heated pipe to form a socket when cool twist to remove & solvent weld in place job done

For the benefit of anyone who might come across this thread in future with a similar problem, the adapter I needed was a McAlpine R1M. I had a bugger of a job getting hold of one (none of the plumbers' merchants near me had one in stock), but it did the job perfectly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back