Condensation??? Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Can anyone advise me please as I have spent the past hour trawling the threads and cant find anything that helps me?

I have a flat which is semi basement there is only one wall that is basement and that wall has recently been tanked.

The floor also had moisture coming up in patches so the floor was 'roughed' up with a needle gun i think and it was coated in something to stop any moisture coming up and a wall to floor joint was put in.

The remaining walls had a damp proof injection treatment with associated replastering.

The work was arranged by the management company so I cannot remember the names of the products used.

About 6 weeks after the work was completed I laid a damp proof membrane and separate foam underlay (it has now been down about 3 weeks) as I am about to lay an engineered wood floor.

I looked under the membrane today and it is wet I presume from condensation (flat is currently empty with no heating)

So at last my question is will this cause me a problem in the future or is it nothing to worry about?

Many Thanks

Andrea

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back