Basement Tanking Membrane - Suitable for Ceilings??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm converting a brick outbuilding to a utility room and was planning on using a basement Tanking damp proof membrane to line the walls before Battens and insulated plaster boards go on.

The roof is flat concrete with rebar running across tieing in to next doors so as expected the ceiling can be prone to damp. It's my first time using basement Tanking Membrane so was wondering if anyone has had experience with it and specifically can it be used on ceilings?

Cheers
Chris

Sponsored Links
Unless the manufacturer says so, no.

Where is the water that comes through the roof going to go?
Roof waterproofing should be on the outside.

Makes sense, thanks.
Its not as if its pouring in or even visibly dripping, its just preparing for the inevitable as I live in NE England and it rains A LOT

I know I've seen photos on Newlath's website showing their dimpled membranes fitted on curved ceilings but never horizontal but it might be worth giving them a ring, I can't quite see how they'd work in a horizontal plane but they might have a solution. Obviously if that was actually an option you'd have to use a similar system for the walls.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back