condensation in eyeball xeno cctv camera

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After the recent downpours my rear xeno eyeball cctv camera has developed a problem with water ingress/condensation. I had the system professionally fitted just under a year ago and I think is still under warranty, am I within my rights to expect the camera to be replaced ?,the rating is ip65 which I have looked up and it is supposed to be dust tight and will resist water from a jet at any angle being sprayed at it.

Sponsored Links
6 Totally protected against dust ingress. 5 Protected against high pressure water jets from any direction. Limited ingress permitted.

Probably not .... Limited ingress permitted ..... It will need drying out, one pin head of water will cause the condensation due to the heat generated from the lens .

Sponsored Links
Depends on make but most have a ring on the front of the dome , it will have two small holes on the ring you will have to make up some kind of removal tool to unscrew the ring, some unscrew in the centre of the ball.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back