Condensation on corrugated garage roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My garage is, as ever, stuffed with useful things I don't want to chuck out. From time to time I have to get rid of stuff that has either rusted or gone soggy from the dripping underside of the corrugated metal roof, which slopes from the back down to the front. Air can get through into the garage quite easily along the front wall.

Whenever the sun comes out on a cold day the roof immediately starts to drip and soon there are pools of water on the floor wherever there is a clear space, while everything else is getting soaked.

I had thought of running guttering along the beams (which are at right angles to the slope) and draining the condensation outside, but I think that would only partially resolve the problem.

Has anyone got any ideas how I might, inexpensively, overcome this problem?

Sponsored Links
Also have the same problem.
- As I see it you need more ventilation, or insulation, or combination of.

More ventilation is a thought if I can create vents at the top end of the roof. I will try that thank you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back