Condensation on pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks to JPC for answering my question on fixing a cistern yesterday.

Having fitted my new toilet, I now see why there was a bit of mildew around the pipes, the temperature of the water seems to cause a lot of condensation on the pipes which slowly drips off. I suppose lagging would help but it would look fairly ugly on the run to the cistern. This is the downstairs loo and it is right next to the main stop-cock where the mains water comes in to the house.

Is there a tidier looking alternative to the chunky grey foam lagging?

In fact the water is so cold that I can tell the level of the water in the cistern because it is covered in condensation up to the level of the water.

Roll-on summer!

Sponsored Links
As it is unlikely the condensation is caused in the toilet, you would probably do well to ventilate the whole house a bit more, or at least the floor where the toilet is.

i bet you never stop it ,it happens mostly during the colder months doesnt it,cold water- warm room,water is on the outside of the cistern- yes,condensation!!

Sponsored Links
Tell me about it!

Got a call back last week,bathroom suite id fitted a couple of months ago,wc "leaking"

Condensation dripping of the walls running down grout on floor tiles under the pan.

No leaky get a fan and try open the window now and again! :D

ps, making the room warmer will only speed up the proccess but if the toilet is not flushed as often in a warmer room it will warm up the water in the cistern and the condensation will eventually stop but the stop tap will allways suffer, insulate it it may look unsightly but lesser of 2 evils.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back