condensation puddles!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just noticed some water along the floor wall junction in a room i'm about to re-decorate. Originally the walls had some dampness which i assumed was penetrating as the bottom 30cm is below the outside ground level. However, i've recently cement filleted along the edge of the floor and this morning (after a dry few days) noticed some water along the edge. I'm now thinking that the problem is condensation or maybe a combination....does anyone have any suggestions how i can prevent condensation forming on the wall?

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Originally the walls had some dampness which i assumed was penetrating as the bottom 30cm is below the outside ground level. However, i've recently cement filleted along the edge of the floor ...
If the floor is below ground level, and the right measures haven't been taken, then you will get damp coming through from the ground outside. Filleting the gap won't cure that - you need to fix the source of the damp.

What needs doing depends on a variety of factors.

Is this a single wall, cavity wall ? Damp course ? Anything to keep the wet ground (& water) off the outside of the wall ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back