Condensation removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all I,ve just remodelled my own bathroom and I think I've undersized my extractor fan.

My bathroom is 2.5 m square and its tiled wall to floor. My shower is 1.6m x 1m and its producing a lot of condensation.

Can someone please recommend a good - powerful extractor to remove the condensation. Currently it's in the ceiling in the shower enclosure. The enclosure is open at the top, there's about 30 cm from the top of the glass to the ceiling.

The fan is situated in the attic and pulls out of the shower below.

Any advice welcomed. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Before you do that, check if the current ducts are not kinked, blocked, full of water etc.
Some fans, including the one that Jackrae linked to (and which I have), can be wired for two or more speeds. Check if yours is wired for its highest speed.

Sponsored Links
You also need to have some way for the air that is extracted to be replaced - i.e. by a gap under the door, trickle vents etc. Without this, there is no circulation and the fan will not perform.

Does the fan overrun, or stop when you turn the light off. If you put a piece toilet paper over the fan whilst running, does it hold up against the fan, or drop down

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back