Condensation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, after years of trying to overcome condensation and a bit of mould & mildew I have been reading about "envirovent" anyone got any knowledge or idea's about it. Reg

Sponsored Links
Just expensive way of providing the cure for condensation, ''good ventilation'' [which should be free].

Hi foxholes, my feelings exactly but having tried every way I can think of I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with them, cheers, Reg

So you don't dry washing indoors, have a ventilation to every room and fans in the kitchen and bathroom which run every time the rooms are used?

Sponsored Links
Hi foxholes, yep don't dry washing indoors a vent hole in both bedrooms and bathroom, kitchens a problem but I am working on that. I was thinking of fans in the vent holes but that would also take out the heat. I bought a dehumidifier last year for the spare bedroom where it's mainly a problem, but still get mould & mildew just above the skirting board, we leave that corner open nothing in front of it. Reg

Extractor fans for bathroom and kitchen are essential. Yes, some heat will be lost when they are on, this is inevitable. It's still far better than mouldy walls.

However the same applies to a loft mounted thing such as the envirovent - the only difference is that forces cold air into the house so warm damp air escapes elsewhere. Plus it costs 20x more to buy than a normal extractor.

Hi flameport, yep I now you and foxhole are right but its a crazy world, to keep the house warm you have to let in the cold. Your also right about the cost of envirovent not cheap. Reg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back