Condenser boiler radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
My mum has a new bungalow (2 years old). The boiler is a combi. The radiators are something I haven't seen before. They are attached to a flexible rubber pipe coming though the wall at the back of the radiator. They are great for decorating as they just lift off !

Unfortunately the system keeps going off and she's been told there is a slow leak somewhere. The plumbers say the only way is to duct new pipes to the radiators which would look awful.

Any suggestions gratefully received.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
If it is not quite 2 years old then it will be under the builders warranty.

I am assuming that you actually have plastic pipes rather than rubber.

These will be continuous lengths in the wall with no joints so the only places that usually leak are the joints that will be in the loft or under the rads.

Are you certain it is the pipework leaking and not a problem on the boiler?

Hav you checked the discharge pipe outside for drips?

If it is not quite 2 years old then it will be under the builders warranty.

IHav you checked the discharge pipe outside for drips?
and they should be made to repair/ reinstate to a finish as good/ better than new if walls have to be cut . then so be it and householder should be put up in Hotel for duration :evil: Allegedly ;)

No they aren't plastic pipes they are definitely rubber-like. I can lift the radiator of its bracket without disconnecting it and lie it flat on the floor. The rubber pipe goes through a hole in the wall behind the radiator.

They say the boiler is fine.

The system is very intermittent.

Sponsored Links
True ! Honestly ! It's a rubber tube :confused:

Otherwise it wouldn't move back and forward through the hole in the wall.

There are no pipes coming through the floor. As I said earlier I haven't seen anything like it either.

I can only assume from your responses nor have you :LOL:

Thanks anyway

Are you thinking orange for guage tune or black for lpg guage tube? Or maybe they stripped the braid off flexis.

:LOL:

Ok slugbaby will take a pic this week-end !

Is there a 'laugh on the other side of your face smiley ? ' ;)

The RUBBER is grey

Its rads that come with flexis so the pipes come out the wall in the middle and you connect the rad onto it then you can take it off for decorating but I can't remember the name of them, sorry.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back