Condenser Pump Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

I'm having an issue with my condenser pump, the pipe is leaking slightly at the silicon caked joint between the clear pipe and the main pipe. Unfortunately we have had a small leak into our living room, however Ive managed to resolve this by wrapping a cloth around the pipe to catch the water running out of the pipe

It's a relatively new install, done back end of September, early October.

it also appears that the pipe is blocked as there is water sitting in the clear pipe section - is this normal

View media item 92614 View media item 92613 View media item 92612 View media item 92611 View media item 92610
Any feedback would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
What a bloody disgrace get your installer back if they will come back

I take it this looks like a dogs dinner?

Ive left him a voicemail this morning so hopefully will hear back shortly.

Sponsored Links
to be honest, some of that silicon is down to me trying to patch it up as best I could - although not all of it admittedly.

try and get your installer back soon as , remember that is not just water that is leaking it is condensate which can be very corrosive, it is mildly acidic but can cause a lot of damage

It's gratifying to see that quality work is still being carried out. Don't forget to ensure that your installer has somewhere safe to tether his horse.

wow! that's shockingly bad! :eek:

the hose that comes with the pump is 5m long and should be enough to get you to a suitable drain,

this looks to me that he has either used a second hand pump (with no hose) or he's just made an arse of it!

you should have these fittings to connect the hose to the condensate pipe:

47a9a8dc90e95928053842.jpg

and:

47cbdd01434a7162363054.jpg

one end of the blue bit fits the hose, the other goes into the smaller end of the black fitting, and the larger end goes onto the condensate pipe.
its also not a bad idea to tighten a cable tie onto each end as they are only push fit.

some condensate pumps have a non return valve in them so the water cant get back into the resevoir, so this could be why you're seeing water in the clear pipe.

So Just to update for anyone interested, plumber came out yesterday afternoon and took away the silicon mess that was there before and fitted an adaptor for the flexible pipe

seems solid enough and has stopped the leak.

View media item 93000

Does that pump notable two cables? One goes to the spur unit, where does the other go?

Is there a sleeve in the plastic pipe where it fits into the grey adapter?

I'll retract my original statement. The others are right. Still a few questions to be asked, but, even so, it does look better.

I'd want to know where that discharge pipe goes? Any idea?

I believe it goes into the grey soil pipe on the gable end of the house

Does that pump notable two cables? One goes to the spur unit, where does the other go?

That's just a kink in the cable that makes it look like two different cables

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back