Condensing Boilers - oil

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have an old Trianco TRO 20/25 which is now around 15 to 20 years old. Nothing wrong with it at the moment.

I have been reading through all the posts on the Condensing Boilers and there are still areas I am not sure about.

It has been stated that in ideal conditions they can be 80 to 90% efficient when they are condensing. I am not sure under which conditions they condense. I take it that if they do not then they will be less efficient.

I had a quick look at my Brother's one the other day and notice that the exhaust had then film of sticky soot on it. Is this an indication of it not running correctly?

My worry is that if I invest in a new boiler that I will not achieve the expected savings.

Presumably the heat exchange has much smaller waterways which can be subject to blockage.

When I installed this system I worked on outgoing temp of 180 deg F and a drop of 20 on the return. From what I have read these boilers work on a lower water temperature so not sure how you achieve a sufficient water storage temperature.

Sorry for all the questions. Hope you can answer some or all so that I can get a better understanding.

Regards

David

Sponsored Links
should be no soot.

see this

go to bottom click on installation etc.

I find the voice very irratating. "this isnt any condensing boiler...its a marks and spencer condensing boiler" :cry: :LOL:

I'm afraid you may not see any financial saving. Furthermore if you choose a Trianco your installer might have to, at some stage, speak to their technical guy who's attitude makes you want to apply battery acid to his face.

Spend your money on keeping heat in. You won't have to worry about which boiler soon. By the end of next year you could be paying 80p to £1 a litre. it is already over 50p, 55p is a current price from some suppliers.

Sponsored Links
should be no soot.

see this

go to bottom click on installation etc.

I find the voice very irratating. "this isnt any condensing boiler...its a marks and spencer condensing boiler" :cry: :LOL:

Thanks for that - very interesting

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back