condesation in the loft HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Just wondering if someone can help. I had insulation and cavity wall put in two years ago and this year have had alot of condensation. I have called the company who carried out the work and they have said the condensation is nothing to do with the insulation but is due to three factors
1)there is no partition wall between the neighbours causing heat to escape into our loft.
2} the extractor is extracting into the loft, builders cow boy job
3} there is a pipe coming out of the chimney flute, no idea why its there or what use.

My argument with the company is these factors where there before they carried out their work and their job was to check the conditions before the insulation was laid.

The companying are saying the insulation in the loft is not adding to the condensation and it is not their problem.

Any advice and information is most welcome!
Have I got a good case to take this further?

Sponsored Links
they are correct you have asked for insulation they have insulated to standard[i assume]

you are pouring warm moist air into the loft where it shouldnt be

do not use the fan
check the what the lining is connected to
have you got airflow accross the loft from the eaves or roof vents

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back