Conduit for pond power

owe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone recommend some decent (but fairly inexpensive) conduit that I can use to bury my existing pond cable into the ground?

The current cable is just attached to a wall, but I would like to bury it out of sight

thanks

Sponsored Links
That would depend on what type and size the existing cable is, it may not be appropriate to bury it at all.

Too slow...agian

its just standard twin and earth.

one end has a plug (which is fitted to a rcd plug) and the other end is fitted to a external weatherproof box (not sure what IP rating it is)

Sponsored Links
If you are considering digging a trench for the cable anyway and investing money in conduit, I would save the money spent on conduit and invest it in more suitable cable.

I need 20m of cable with a maximum size of 1.5mm (as otherwise it wont fit in my pond switch box)

All the armoured garden power cable that you can buy from the pond retailers costs £80-100, hence why I was looking at conduit

also I'm sure I read somewhere that armoured cable cant be wired into a standard plug, is that correct??

can you recommend any armoured cable??

not sure what the current cable is then as it connected to a standard plug, which is then plug into a RCD plug

not sure what the current cable is then as it connected to a standard plug, which is then plug into a RCD plug
It may be T&E. It is certainly physically possible to connect 1.5mm² T&E to a standard 13A plug, even though it is not a very satisfactory practice.

Kind Regards, John

armour into adaptable boxes at each end, then flex out to plug and pump.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back