Configure Cold Water Supply for Washing Machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have an Indesit washing machine that only uses cold water feed. It was connected to the cold water mains under the kitchen sink from a a copper T with flex. The kitchen has a concrete floor. I would like to move the machine into a boiler room that separates the kitchen and bathroom. Unfortunately this room is on the opposite wall to the sink. What I would like to know is what is the best way to get the cold water feed to the washing machine in its new position. There are pipes that come out of the concrete floor in the boiler room and connect to the boiler already. I'm assuming they supply cold to the boiler and hot to the kitchen tap. So.......

Should I connect a pipe to the existing T junction under the kitchen sink, run this pipe under the concrete floor and then connect to the washing machine in the cupboard. If so Would this have to be copper pipe that is welded and buried in the concrete. Are there any issues with burying under the concrete floor.

Alternatively, if I could identify the pipe feeding cold water to the boiler, could I 'T' off this pipe inside the boiler room and supply the washing machine that way?

Thirdly, what about Ting off the bathroom cold water pipe and running this under the bath housing into the boiler room. Could I use plastic push fit for this?

Maybe I should just get a plumber in? I did get one in already to put in a waste pipe in the boiler cupboard but stupidly forgot to ask him to put in the cold water supply at the same time.

I'd like to find the cheapest acceptable option.

Appreciate any guidance on this.

Sponsored Links
If you've definitely got a cold supply to the boiler you could tee off that. Just take the supply from the nearest available point.

T off the bath cold will probably be easiest (only 2 pipes to choose from). And yes you can use pushfit. Definitely go the easy route- burying a pipe under or in an existing concrete slab is not a trivial job. It is possible but very messy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back