Configuring the Valiant VRC 470f?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a new Ecotec plus system boiler and 470f weather compensator all in and working fine, even got the VR10 HTC HW stat working for full control but I think the remote isn't setup right, when the boiler is off during the day, the temp on the front panel says 22c when I know it's around 17c I can see the external temp so it's connecting right but for some reason I don't think the thermostat in the remote is working. I have the wireless so it's in the front room at the mo, I set the Room temp control to modulation and the heating curve to 2.2.
I've read the dam manual for hours...anyone got any advice on this thing?

Sponsored Links
if its in your hands the vrc 470 will be influenced by handling...so leave it and see if the temperature goes to 17..

why the remote....whats wrong with the 470s own sensing capability?

Is is displaying the temp where the remote is?

Yea thats it Alec, it's freezing in the house at midday and it's showing 22c, that can't be right, I can check with the old manual thermostat thats still on the wall and it's clicking about 17c, I'll ut it in the garden tomm and see what the bloody thing does!

what is the remote unit, why are you not using the internal sensing of the 470 ...the 470f can be wall or table mounted...

Sponsored Links
what is the remote unit, why are you not using the internal sensing of the 470 ...the 470f can be wall or table mounted...
Thanks again for the reply Alec,
It is the 470f I just suspect the internal sensing is incorrect, interestingly I put it outside today for the last 2 hours, and it showed the weather sensor as 11c and it's its temp was 13c, so the sensor is working but I suspect it's a few degree's more than it should be!
So I was right when it was showing 20-22 inside it was more like 17-19, I haven't mounted it yet I was just sitting it in the front room, I have the old stat still on the wall (disconnected) but I can hear where it clicks for the temp and it's about right. I'll get a thermometer to double check but I'd guess the 470c isn't detecting temp properly.
It's an awkward bit of gear to use..and horrible interface, I can imagine this to get a lot better with the new wifi apps that I have seen that can give reports on all heating via a tablet or PC.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back