Confused about Bosch oven instructions

Sponsored Links
It would depend where the FCU is located, is it below or above counter?
If above counter I would go for an isolator, if below and outlet plate.

Sponsored Links
Cant get a picture but the diagram is accurate, not sure how a picture would make it clearer.

I just want to know if, according to the picture, I can replace the 13A FCU with a 20A DP switch as mentioned above

I just want to know if, according to the picture, I can replace the 13A FCU with a 20A DP switch as mentioned above
Yes, honest.

It may not be very useful under the worktop but you are only using it as a connector.
If you should need to remove the oven then you can turn it off.

Yes, honest.

It may not be very useful under the worktop but you are only using it as a connector.
If you should need to remove the oven then you can turn it off.

Thats fine, don't mind it being a useless switch under the worktop, as that's what I have now.

And sorry I missed everyone saying it was fine before I updated this thread so sorry if i sounded like i was repeating myself.

Thanks to all. I will fit a 20A DP Switch like this http://www.screwfix.com/p/mk-1-gang-20a-dp-switch-white/44956 and hopefully ill be on my way.

Apart from what the MI state, I see no reason at all why a 2.35 kW oven can't be connected via a 13 amp fused spur.

I would be inclined to telephone the manufacturer and talk to the technical department.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back