confused and advice would be appreciated

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have an Ideal HE18 boiler, no hot water or heating. The boiler usually has a display on but this is blank, as if there isn't any power. I called a plumber out who had never seen this boiler before but he checked what he could. He then checked the power and the electric wiring box near the timer and thermostat, he said no electricity was getting to them so I needed a sparky not a plumber. When he had gone I switched power socket back on and the thermostat and timer were all ok again. the boiler still isn't working, no display so i cant troubleshoot. Has anyone got any ideas what it could be and do I need to call a different plumber or a sparky.

Thanks

Dimps

Sponsored Links
This is why you should not ask a Plumber to repair a boiler - you should ask a Boiler Technician - different trade (don't ask me to install a bath room!) the Heating controls need to be checked to ensure that 230Vac is availible at the boiler, however from your description it sounds like the PCB on the boiler has failed (Very common on ideal HE's) ;)

Sorry, but I have some bad news for you.
1. This arguably the worst boiler make in the country.
2. It is also a favourite of cowboys and the majority of the ones I have seen were so badly installed you qualify them as illegal.

Your best bet is probably to seek a fixed fee repair that has no limitations and a minimum of 1 year warrantee.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back