confused . com

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
its about combi boilers in general. this is wot i think i know. with a combi boiler you dont have a cwsc or hwc, so im guessing the cold taps are mains fed and teed off to combi for hot water. if this is right where do i get my feeds for hot and cold if i want to plumb in a manual mixer shower, bearing in mind i was always told the hot and cold should be of equal pressure.

Sponsored Links
T off any hot water pipe.
T off any cold water pipe.

Combi is fed by mains pressure and hot leaves at a high enough pressure to be close to the cold for your purpose.

Sponsored Links
T

Combi is fed by mains pressure and hot leaves at a high enough pressure to be close to the cold for your purpose.

not necessarily correct. the cold main may be of higher pressure than the hot take off from the boiler
in which case a pressure EQUALIZING valve would need to be fitted in pipework before the shower and also the shower will need to be suitable for mains fed feeds

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back