Confused

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
John Terry (scumbag) gets done by the police for calling Ferdinand a black c**t. He could have called him a dirty c**t, or a effing c**t and no one would have batted an eyelid.
Now Alan Hansen has been forced to apologise for causing outrage by referring to black players as coloured.
Some, like Stan Collymore have asked "what colour, grey, green, blue?
I'm black they say.
Are you? So exactly why has Terry been charged by the police then.
What a stupid country.

Sponsored Links
It does seem strange to me. I would have thought a reprimand would have sufficed, perhaps a one match ban, something like that. Calling someone a "black c**t" is offensive. The black part is true, but in that context it is borderline. In other words, it is not clearly racist, since the person is indeed black. But to be taken to court, jeez. I guess the real issue is whether or not John Terry is at heart a racist, not that I know, so I assume not until proven otherwise.

So we could say "big nosed c***t" and that would be okay, as would be "jug eared c**t", "four eyed c**t", "fat c**t", "skinny c**t" and so on.

The conclusion of this is that I could be surrounded by a gang of black youths, or anglo asian youths, shouting abuse such as "c**t, a***hole" and so on, and that would be legal, but if I responded with "black scum" I could be jailed. Even though other black/asian people might consider them to be a stain on their community.

I was talking with an Anglo Asian friend, and he thought our anti-racism laws had gone too far. We do need to punish racism, but this has gone too far.

All this nonsense about a bit of name calling seems to me a sad way of fuelling paranoia and giving tiresome jobsworth's something to do. There is just one race on this planet - the human race, and members of it come in all sorts of colours, shapes and sizes.

I would strongly advise anyone who is offended by the use of subcategorisation terms to seek immediate medical advice - it may well be symptomatic of some other underlying personal issues.

(Don't tell joe about this post ;) :LOL: )

Sponsored Links
The conclusion of this is that I could be surrounded by a gang of black youths, or anglo asian youths, shouting abuse such as 'white' "c**t, 'white' ***hole" and so on, and that would be legal, but if I responded with "black scum" I could be jailed.

And so too could they had they preceeded their comments with the word white. The point is, that they did not refer to your colour in their initial comments, but you did in your response to theirs and therefore deserve to be charged and jailed if necessary. If those attacking you were white, you would not have referred to their colour in your response so your reference to 'black' in your own example is racist.

There is just one race on this planet - the human race, and members of it come in all sorts of colours, shapes and sizes.
Although this statement has been made many, many times throughout the years, I remember it particularly well being used by my head teacher when he addressed the school leavers in 1952. At that time all of the students in the school were caucasian.

However, then was then and now is now. Today, the law may well be an ass, but it is the law and if there are those out there who, for whatever reason, break the law, then they must face the consequences.

It's not the law to like people of other races. Why do you think it is?

Only the other week a white girl was assulted and called a white bitch bya gang of asian muslims, the issue went to court and the judge gave them community service because they had been drinking and was not used to it FFS it was not only a assult but a race crime............imagine if this was the other way around?.

Alan Hansen meant no offence and he is being quoted all over the globe because he said coloured and apologised FFS the guy done nothing wrong, all this anti racism stuff is good what it was intended to do but itsgone way over the top

Firstly you are talking as if I did abuse someone, and I remind you that this is hypothetical.

But I don't believe you are correct. I think someone could call me a 'white bastard' but would not be charged with racism. I might be mistaken, but we need someone with legal knowledge to confirm or not.

The reason I say this is because we often say things in jest such as "the French are smelly" or "the French are rude", but where I work, say something along those lines about Indians, for example, and you might end up in a disciplinary meeting.

We had a meeting, where the MD explained about protected characteristics.

My sister works in a school where 'blackboards' have, for years, been referred to as 'Visual Information Display Units'.
Then why when I wanted a board to write on with felt tips to put up in my office I was told by the supplier, "Oh you want a white board." :eek:
When I was a kid at school we were taught that other people who were not white/Chinese were 'Coloured' regardless of what country they came from.

Sponsored Links
Back