Confused

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone noticed the rear shockers on that old blue Merc in the Confused ad. are absolutely, totally shot? It is most obvious when it drives out through what I presume is a hanger door, from the CGI street scene inside - it goes over a lip and bounce, bounce, bounce......

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
So I'm not the only one to notice !
Mentioned my observation to 'ere indoors & you can guess how much impact the statement had on her :whistle:

Sponsored Links
Has anyone noticed the rear shockers on that old blue Merc in the Confused ad. are absolutely, totally shot? It is most obvious when it drives out through what I presume is a hanger door, from the CGI street scene inside - it goes over a lip and bounce, bounce, bounce......
They might be, or they might not.

These are old cars, and not the most reliable when it comes to the reliability film makers need for their schedules, so they always have two available - they vinyl wrap them if necessary to get the colour to match.

OTOH they are valuable classics, so youd expect the owners to keep them in good fettle.

And times change - maybe back in the day thats how soft the suspension was?

Sometimes cars did this:

Definitely not like that in 'their' day Capt.
These were executive cars in period, not so sure about the makers build quality today though, like all manufacturers they target a market with different demands & expectations :unsure:

I noticed that the first time I saw the ad. Its a standing joke with the wife, every time the ad comes on I say 'that needs new dampers'.

Peter

Back