confusion about a boundary

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, im a bit confused about a drive boundary issue, if you look at the photo you will see the drive boundary doesnt match the wall location,almost like the right side of image ie my drive has taken some of next doors drive, even though it has been like this when we moved in over 5 years ago? Any advice please?

Sponsored Links
Perhaps: Originally, the driveway covered both your frontages as a single construction? The problem with that theory is that your house appears to be lower than its neighbour?

Later, their side had the built up masonry installed - but as far as i can see nothing has altered in terms of the actual boundary. No physical barrier has been erected etc. No claim has been made by your neighbour.

Examine your deed's, and maybe, get a heads up from a solicitor - write down what they say. I bet that there's more litigation over boundaries than any other issues?

"Good fences good neighbour's make" Robert Frost

you can get a copy of the plan from the Land Registry for a nominal cost. it is a useful thing to have.

They are not especially accurate, but in my case they clearly show a small flowerbed which extends into the end of the road.

Be sure to use the .gov site, and not some scammer whoi will overcharge you.

Sponsored Links
Edgings or bricks don't necessarily make a boundary. The actual boundary is an invisible line of zero thickness somewhere between your two properties. Exactly where that line is depends on many things. If your edgings have been down for longer than 20 years then you might be able to claim that they demark the boundary otherwise that don't mean much. Do you have a specific reason for raising it, or just curiosity?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back