Confusion

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I am trying to think of a reason why god didn't look after the French priest (and indeed the people in Nice and Germany).
The only reason I can think of is that the priest wasn't a nice man but at 84 it seems unlikely that he changed recently.

Then - allah didn't appear to look after the murderers by letting them be killed by the French police. Does this count as suicide with the objective of getting to paradise?
If so, it also seems strange that allah would utilise infidels to achieve this and leave the infidels alive.
Perhaps god had been busy but then realised and decided to protect the French police from allah's wrath.

Aren't god and allah one and the same?
Why is god so loving and allah so vicious?

It's all very confusing.

As roman catholicism was in existence a long time before mohammad invented was blessed with islamism, how can it have suddenly become that christians have turned into infidels.

I think god should appear to me tomorrow - we shall call him Elvis - and give me a new religion where all roman catholics, muslims etc. shall instantly be declared invalids (in-valids, not invalids - oh, same thing) and then be converted and live in peace.
The catholics probably wouldn't like this as, traditionally, they don't like new things but the muslims will readily accept it because it's happened to them before and they're used to and readily accept change.
Anyway, this will be a good thing and all will accept it - otherwise I would have them killed - oh wait.

Just to be different we will have our sabbath on Wednesday to split up the week as most of the sport is at the week-end. Our meeting places will be called brothels - after brotherly love and Elvis - and our battle-cry "mohammad has left the building".

Everyone welcome except Himmy - he'd only cause someone to punch him and that wouldn't look good.
See you in the brothel on Wednesday.

OR -

Do you think it would be better if I persuaded god to ban religion, give everyone a fully functioning brain and let everyone do whatever they want as long as it doesn't harm anyone, or anything, else?

Sponsored Links
Do you think it would be better if I persuaded god to ban religion, give everyone a fully functioning brain and let everyone do whatever they want as long as it doesn't harm anyone, or anything, else?

Nice one.

none religiose people hurt, kill people. getting rid of religion wont give you peace.
speaking diagotory towards people who have a faith, just proves your ignorant.

So Elvis lives huh?

I'm in!

Sponsored Links
none religiose people hurt, kill people. getting rid of religion wont give you peace.
speaking diagotory towards people who have a faith, just proves your ignorant.

And there's nothing to say that getting rid of religion won't give us peace. That's what laws are for.

never look at the rotten branches for the problem, always go to the roots.
the root of the worlds problem is sin.

See? No sin.

And the seven deadly sins are: Pride. envy, wrath, gluttony, lust, sloth and greed.
Sounds like fun to me pretty much.

Any harm we do to each other can be and is covered by law. Religion is no longer needed.

yes but we have all sinned, and we are already condemned, we inherited a sinfull nature, so how do we get right whith God, when God demands the death penalty for sin, our good works are like filthy rags, it means our good works cannot take away sin, or make us right before God. God requires justice,so what did God do , so we could be reconciled to God,and forever pardoned forgiven,for the crimes of sin,acts of evil against our fellow man ,and God.

thats what people dont understand its not religion, its life and death.

we have a choice to be redeemed, becuase God provided a way out for us. Jesus took our ppunishment instead of us.

See? No sin.

ok, to love your neighbor as yourself, that what Jesus said, thats the second commandment, if thats what you mean.

And the seven deadly sins are: Pride. envy, wrath, gluttony, lust, sloth and greed.
Sounds like fun to me pretty much.

Any harm we do to each other can be and is covered by law. Religion is no longer needed.

Sin’s Advantage in the Law
7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, “You shall not covet.”8 But sin, taking opportunity by the commandment, produced in me all manner of evil desire. For apart from the law sin was dead. 9 I was alive once without the law, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died. 10 And the commandment, which was to bring life, I found to bring death. 11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it killed me. 12 Therefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy and just and good.

Law Cannot Save from Sin
13 Has then what is good become death to me? Certainly not! But sin, that it might appear sin, was producing death in me through what is good, so that sin through the commandment might become exceedingly sinful. 14 For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin. 15 For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. 16 If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. 17 But now, it isno longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. 18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. 19 For the good that I willto do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. 20 Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.

21 I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. 22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man.23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

Sponsored Links
Back