Confusion

Sponsored Links
I should also mention that the priest that baptised and confirmed me at the age of 9 was discovered to be a kiddy fiddler (not me thankfully) and was packed off to some Mission in Africa to save the church the embarrassment.
Thankfully indeed but I hate so much the way churches covered up this behaviour and sent em around. Did you see the film Spotlight about that? Was rather good I thought.

Cheers for explaining, certainly makes sense now with your uncle etc, sounds like you realised it was all a load of bull quite young too. Good on ya! Sounds too like you had an interesting childhood - I spent time in the Middle East too, as well as moving around a lot but luckily no religion! Fun times mostly :)

I wouldn't change my upbringing for a moment, and I love my Uncle as a nephew should. He has never forced his religious thoughts on any member of the family and my nan is a believer and immensely proud of what he has achieved.

Doesn't mean I can not have independent thoughts on things. THAT is free will. Not being able to choose to be punished or not by a vengeful God with an immoral plan.

Sponsored Links
That's the other thing - look at all those poor kids around the world that are indoctrinated by their parents... Where is their free will? I was lucky in that my dad was an Agnostic and taught me to think for myself. My baptism was a ploy to A - get me into my high school and B - for my mum to annoy my dad post divorce. Funnily enough though volunteered to be an Alter boy :LOL: Made Sunday mass more tolerable. Otherwise it was snooze city. Even the week we were on Songs of Praise.

Humans are emotional critters hence our weird un-animal-like behaviour. Even without intervention some humans would likely invent a spiritual 'excuse' in their lives, because that is the nature of the beast.

Daft things like love, hate, anger, frustration, happiness, sadness etc are all difficult to explain but present all the same. Some people are just more spiritual than others and there are things like religion to fill the void. I'm not religious but I accept that we are all different and some people are.

And there will always be nutters.

Even without intervention some humans would likely invent a spiritual 'excuse' in their lives, because that is the nature of the beast.
I think you will find that doing that would be classed as delusional or schizophrenic - or nutter.

Only when it is invented for the control of the masses is it promoted and classed as religion.

Sponsored Links
Back