Confusion

Sponsored Links
So basically god uses fear like a nicely sharp ****ty stick which to poke those who believe into conforming.
Not so much free will then.

So basically god uses fear like a nicely sharp ****ty stick which to poke those who believe into conforming.

fear comes to us if we are at the edge of a cliff, it warns us that if you fall,you will die, fear warns us of danger.
God warns us, if we disobey then there is consequense,look at the state of the world. its not that God wants you to be ruled by fear,but to know that to obey him is to save your life.

Makes you wonder what all the Buddhists are going to do. And the Hindu's, Sikhs Taoists etc.

Infact, most religions are polytheistic - Abrahamic religions are the core monotheist ones..... Wonder what BnB thinks about Islam?

Which one is correct? You can bother your Christian God all you like, but what if your God is actually just a Sea Otter called Gerald who himself believes the world is held in the fart of a Turtle floating in space.

You have no evidence to prove otherwise.

Sponsored Links
Which one is correct? You can bother your Christian God all you like, but what if your God is actually just a Sea Otter called Gerald who himself believes the world is held in the fart of a Turtle floating in space.

You have no evidence to prove otherwise.
That made me giggle!
Anyway, can there not be more than one god like the Greeks, or is that just not cricket?!

fear comes to us if we are at the edge of a cliff, it warns us that if you fall,you will die, fear warns us of danger.
God warns us, if we disobey then there is consequense,look at the state of the world. its not that God wants you to be ruled by fear,but to know that to obey him is to save your life.
Actually, most of the things that are frightening in the world, past and present have been caused by religion and the followers.

maxresdefault.jpg

I had noticed you know a fair bit! Drummed into you as a kid?

I have primarily been educated in church schools; and due to family events, I went to 5 different schools before getting to secondary school where I stayed until leaving for university (which was Anglican BTW). My uncle is a pretty high ranked priest and canon lawyer. I also spent some time in the middle east when i was a young child and went to a local school.

I took a GCSE in Religious education because I told my Art teacher to go forth and fornicate with a farm animal - he was a deacon, as well as a total klunt. This meat not doing the associated GCSE so had to choose another humanity course.

I quite enjoyed the RE classes when they didn't clash with Rugby practice - an interesting dichotomy when your in a Roman Catholic high school that is also one of the best in the country for Rugby - we got to the top 16 in my final year.

I remember one class when the teacher started pontificating about divorce. He got himself into a bit of a pickle when he said that according to the bible the children of divorced and remarried parents were defacto bastards. Now as the child of my parents second marriage (each) that made me a little annoyed. Amused my classmates no end as my left leg probably weighed more than the teacher and I was twice his height.

I should also mention that the priest that baptised and confirmed me at the age of 9 was discovered to be a kiddy fiddler (not me thankfully) and was packed off to some Mission in Africa to save the church the embarrassment. All that was in the early 90's so right in the height of the BBC's little foray into pimpery.

Sponsored Links
Back