Confusion

No, can't brain wash me with religion! The question was a flippant one, as you know, but in some ways be nice to hear your thoughts. In Laymans terms tho, not just spouting off chapters of the bible or talking in riddles. Just plain old straight-forward English!

why are you afraid of the bible , scriptures. maybe you know it irritates you,it digs at you, for some reason. the bible explains why you dont like it. but you dont want to know that,becuase its true.
No, am not afraid of the bible, it is just a book.
I am concerned about people who follow it fervently as you seem to do so. When people here have asked you questions you have replied either in riddles, threatened or by quoting the bible. This is a shame.
I don't mind religion as long as it is a personal journey. It can give people great strength and help in times of trouble and I am not one to knock that. I do however dislike people who want to make others religious, ridicule or threaten the wrath of god. This is not good.

When I was a child, I had the normal Church of England school upbringing, prayers at assembly etc. I was still undecided about faith but not at all against it. I remember going into our local high st one Saturday to see a bunch of Christians shouting at others that if we don't believe in god then we will burn in hell for all eternity. From that day forward I dismissed religion, religious people shouldn't need to threaten and if that's what it means to be religious then I wanted no part of it. Sadly you too threatened the wrath of god which means I dismissed your views on your god too.

Sponsored Links
THe bible also explains how to treat your slaves and that it is perfectly acceptable to rape and murder women and children - but you ignore all that don't you?

Does a child born with HIV because the catholic church told its parents they were committing a sin by having intercourse with a condom have free will?

Perhaps it should have been aborted?

If god knows everything, then he knows all our actions to come. Where is the free will in that? If god knows what we will do in 50 years and 3 days time, we can't change our minds.

some of your questions are based from catholic church, the pedo priests,forbidding condoms,ect, i dont follow the pope,or the catholic church.or roman catholic church, i dont agree whith there false teachings,man made traditions.there silly hats and costumes, its all dead religion to me.

THe bible also explains how to treat your slaves and that it is perfectly acceptable to rape and murder women and children - but you ignore all that don't you?

i dont, please give me a scripture in king james bible, biblegateway is good if you want to use that,were does it say its acceptable to rape murder.

Sponsored Links
Deuteronomy:

22 If a man be found lying with a woman married to an husband, then they shall both of them die, both the man that lay with the woman, and the woman: so shalt thou put away evil from Israel.

23 If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her;

24 Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city; and the man, because he hath humbled his neighbour’s wife: so thou shalt put away evil from among you.

25 But if a man find a betrothed damsel in the field, and the man force her, and lie with her: then the man only that lay with her shall die.

26 But unto the damsel thou shalt do nothing; there is in the damsel no sin worthy of death: for as when a man riseth against his neighbour, and slayeth him, even so is this matter:

27 For he found her in the field, and the betrothed damsel cried, and there was none to save her.

28 If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found;

29 Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel’s father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.

30 A man shall not take his father’s wife, nor discover his father’s skirt.

I am concerned about people who follow it fervently as you seem to do so. When people here have asked you questions you have replied either in riddles, threatened or by quoting the bible. This is a shame.
I don't mind religion as long as it is a personal journey. It can give people great strength and help in times of trouble and I am not one to knock that. I do however dislike people who want to make others religious, ridicule or threaten the wrath of god. This is not good.

When I was a child, I had the normal Church of England school upbringing, prayers at assembly etc. I was still undecided about faith but not at all against it. I remember going into our local high st one Saturday to see a bunch of Christians shouting at others that if we don't believe in god then we will burn in hell for all eternity. From that day forward I dismissed religion, religious people shouldn't need to threaten and if that's what it means to be religious then I wanted no part of it. Sadly you too threatened the wrath of god which means I dismissed your views on your god too.[/QUOTE]

i follow Jesus, its Jesus that gives life ,the bible is a guide, instruction book,
Jesus spoke more about Hell,than he did heaven, becuase he does not want anyone to go there.

Samuel 15:

This is what the LORD Almighty says: ‘I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. 3 Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’

i follow Jesus, its Jesus that gives life ,the bible is a guide, instruction book,
Jesus spoke more about Hell,than he did heaven, becuase he does not want anyone to go there.

So you chose which bits you believe and which bits to ignore. What is the determining factor and why ignore half of the "guide"? Selectivity? What if you're wrong?

Last edited:
Samuel 15:

This is what the LORD Almighty says: ‘I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. 3 Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’

its was an instruction at that time,by God to destroy them,it was a punishment,becuase they attacked israel,it had to be done, or they would off destroyed israel. it was a war.

Sponsored Links
Back