Confusion

Sponsored Links
Phew! It seems I am unscathed...thanks to all those that showed their concern....not!

I woke up with the smell of burning and I could see this strange geezer yelling "I am the God of Hell fire!".

But then I realised that Mrs Secure had burnt the toast and was now watching Arthur Brown on YouTube.

God is not out to harm you,this is the age of grace,reconciliation,forgivness. i suppose you dont believe so it easy to have crack about it.

Sponsored Links
If god created the universe, and he was there before it appeared, what did he do before his creation? Wasn't he bored?

no. is simplist answer

And what is the proper answer? Why do you believe in all the hatred and violence promoted by your good book? What about all those blessed priests going round bumming little boys in the name of God?

Why does he not smite them? He was happy to intervene 2000 years and MORE ago, but now what? We can just wait for judgement day?

What about the 6 million Jews killed in ww2? Far more in number and just as, if not more so, horrifically than 2000 years ago.

But no, we can wait apparently.

Last edited:
The stock answer to 'difficult' questions by religious folk is that god is testing us isn't it? Or gods will. Nice.
Or something along those lines of twaddle.

Last edited by a moderator:
no. is simplist answer
To be honest, I didn't expect one at all!

i did not want to give you hundreds of reasons why ,as you might think i was brain washing you or somthing.
No, can't brain wash me with religion! The question was a flippant one, as you know, but in some ways be nice to hear your thoughts. In Laymans terms tho, not just spouting off chapters of the bible or talking in riddles. Just plain old straight-forward English!

Why does he not smite them? He was happy to intervene 2000 years and MORE ago, but now what? We can just wait for judgement day?

Maybe he's on his break. When you've got eternity your breaks are probably going to last a while. :LOL::LOL:

another trick they use is to say God gave us free will.that neatly takes care of every time mankind drops a *******..

Does a child born with HIV because the catholic church told its parents they were committing a sin by having intercourse with a condom have free will?

Perhaps it should have been aborted?

If god knows everything, then he knows all our actions to come. Where is the free will in that? If god knows what we will do in 50 years and 3 days time, we can't change our minds.

No, can't brain wash me with religion! The question was a flippant one, as you know, but in some ways be nice to hear your thoughts. In Laymans terms tho, not just spouting off chapters of the bible or talking in riddles. Just plain old straight-forward English!

why are you afraid of the bible , scriptures. maybe you know it irritates you,it digs at you, for some reason. the bible explains why you dont like it. but you dont want to know that,becuase its true.

Sponsored Links
Back