Congratulations to Assa Abloy (Chubb, Union, Yale etc)

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
I have a Chubb 4L67, a grotesquely expensive BS deadlocking nightlatch. It stopped working recently, and I found an internal spring had broken. A comparable replacement and extra keys would cost a lot.

I emailed Assa Abloy and they have very handsomely sent me a new spring. With a few minutes work, I will have it as good as new.

Well done!

Sponsored Links
Doesn't suprise me at all John when you deal with a decent company or reputable manufacturer, its decent to know your not expected to just throw your lock away and that parts are made available rather than just the whole kaboodle and like you say £100+ for a lock is top money so you really want to be repairing is poss

Sponsored Links
Opinions differ.

I have always preferred Chubb locks, though I have some Abloy cylinders for keysafes and other small cabinets, which are immune from some of the popular ways of attacking cheaper types of cylinder.

For sturdiness, strength and resistance to wear, I prefer the detainer mechanism, though the AVA cylinder is very solid, with a neat little key, and presumably, rather expensive to manufacture.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back