Conifer Tree Stump Removals

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have about 10 or so leftover conifer tree stumps that need removing due to a driveway going in.

They have been killed off by using tree stump killer a year ago, do conifer tree roots go down deep? From what I hear the roots tend not to spread out to far.

Any advice much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
An external contractor, but they are only contracted to do the dripped kerb

OK I just thought that if they have a mini digger they'd possibly do it for cash quicker than you will with a spade.

Sponsored Links
The tap root does go deep. When I removed mine, 28 of em, 15 years ago I dug each one out. I also had to buy a couple ton of top soil to fill the holes. I wouldn't like to do all that digging now, in fact I wouldn't. Assuming I could get someone to do it, and that is massively harder than it would seem, I would pay to have them dug out.

Did you know that you'd posted in "tiling"?

If you search for "stump" in "In the garden" you'll find various posts about best methods for their removal.

You can get the thread moved by clicking "report".

I took out some Lleylandii stumps recently - very little root going down, more like the alien facehugger than a veruuca root, (strange analogies at this time of night!) so it was relatively easy to dig them out.
It does depend on what trees they are and how big they are. Do the stumps have any height on them that you can use to lever them?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back