Connect 15mm pipe to a Bottom Entry Toilet Cistern valve

Sponsored Links
thanks Yereno, unfortunately, the distance between the valve and the pipe is too small for the flexible pipe

thanks Seco Service, the link you attached, are you sure this adaptor is ok, see the 2 review comments about this valve, seems it might not be the right one ?

Sponsored Links
thanks Yereno, unfortunately, the distance between the valve and the pipe is too small for the flexible pipe

thanks Seco Service, the link you attached, are you sure this adaptor is ok, see the 2 review comments about this valve, seems it might not be the right one ?

trust me if seco says this is what you need it is, i read the reviews you mentioned and i bet the original review was written by crayon on a small piece of paper

I had to fit a new syphon and reconnect the ball valve. A very small very slow drip persists (not more than wetness on the pipe), so I'm going to replace the bottom entry ball valve and the isolator/15mm copper pipe feeding it. The standard size of the plastic threaded end of the bottom entry ball valve appears to be 20mm approx. with a 23mm nut (outer dimensions). So that would require a 3/4" connector that end? There is 420mm horizontally between the vertical axis of the connection to the cistern and the far end of the horizontal isolator, approx. 1 inch vertically. I'd therefore need a 500mm 15mm flexible connector with in-built isolator?
Assuming all these dimensions make sense, would
this ball valve and this connector fit together?

Get a 500mm x 15mm flexible tap connector with a service valve. Personally I prefer having a separate isolation valve as if it ever starts to leak you only need replace the valve which is cheaper than a flexible tap conn that incorporates a service valve.
The flexible tap connector will come with a compression fitting on one end which will go straight onto 15mm pipe and the other end is a 1/2" female fitting that will go straight onto the plastic thread of the bottom entry ball valve. Fit a service (isolation) valve before the flexible tap conn.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back