Connecting 110mm to broken clay pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was looking to sort out flooding issue when it rains heavy at front of house, with maybe connecting an Aco-Tray to the existing drain then uncovered a few issues with the existing drains that I need to repair first (always the way).

Some advice please....

As per the photo - can I keep the Y-piece by using an internal adaptor (looks to be 95mm) to standard 110mm? (I'll renew the gulley trap in any case)
Or am I better removing the Y-piece and angle griding the shoulder off the pipe to the LHS to allow a clean face so I can connect an adaptor such as https://www.screwfix.com/p/flexible-adaptor/19914?kpid=19914? I just don't think the Y-piece has enough left on it to make for a connection.

This pipe is near the surface too (very old house) so I will concrete in when done.

Attachments

• IMG_0688.jpg
    IMG_0688.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 253
Sponsored Links
The Y-piece connection to the straight piece is encased in concrete, so i will need to go easy, keep you posted!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back