Connecting 40mm pipe to 1.5" dual flush valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to connect a 1.5" dual flush valve outlet to a 40mm water pipe leading to the toilet bowl, but can't see how to do that.

I'm replacing an old valve that has a 2" outlet which this new one says it's compatible with, but that just seems to refer to the alternative washer it has that fits in a 2" outlet hole in the cistern, which is no help in connecting to the pipe.

I tried taking the screw end / washers from a 40mm compression fitting but the threaded end of these are wider than 40mm so it doesn't fit onto the valve's outlet.

Any ideas what I can use instead? Only options I can think of are load it with loads of ptfe tape, or buy a new 2" valve, but the fact that the one I have is supposed to be compatible makes me think i'm missing something obvious.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I think compatible ones come with different bayonet fittings iirc. What valve is it? Why jot just get another 2 inch outlet one?

maybe it just means that it fits in a cistern with a 2" outlet hole, not that it will connect to the existing pipework

Yes, this it what this means on this valve.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back