connecting a manifold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m looking into using a manifold to connect standard radiators to a combi boiler most of the information I have seen is for under floor heating and some manifolds have pumps attached.
I’m assuming that for what I am looking to do will not require a separate pump?
I’m looking to fit standard panel radiators 6 in total but I will be fitting them over a period of time so using this system I was hoping to have them working easily as I install them
I will be using 15mm plastic pipe in a complete runs from rad to manifold so no hidden joints to break down.
How would I connect the manifold and would I need some form of bypass to protect the boiler if all the rads are shut down.
Can I make a manifold using copper fittings and valves?
Are any valves suitable for central heating?
Any diagrams would be helpful.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
im looking for a manifold with valves.
and what about a bypass.?

Sponsored Links
im looking for a manifold with valves.
and what about a bypass.?

Why do you want valves on the manifold. Theres valves on the rad. More valve means more stuff to leak.

Leave a rad without a TRV where you put your roomstat.

im looking to get rads working one at a time so turning on at the manifold via a valve would be helpful

is this not better in the cc

Don't see why, it's not gas-related...

------------------------------------------------

As for manifolds with valves, don't quite see why you want them but these may help: http://www.screwfix.com/prods/79652/Plumbing/Push-Fit-Fittings/JG-Speedfit-3-Port-Manifold-x-15mm

Also available in blue, so you can have identifiable flow and returns. Yes, you should have an auto bypass valve, it can go on a link between the flow and return manifolds

Why the manifold anyway. Is the pipework being buried? What you using to angle pipework up to rad valve?

Is it easier to use 10mm hep? They also do their own manifolds.

I want the manifold to enable me to turn on the flow to the rads as I install them and have individual ones working.
I did intend to run 15mm plastic direct to the rad maybe using a rigid tube over the plastic to make it look neater.
The pipes will be under the floor etc but I wanted to do it with no joints hidden etc so all the pipe work will run from the rads to a central point near the boiler
Are valves that unreliable on heating systems ?
Is there a single valve available that is suitable to install in a central heating system such as a gate valve etc.????
What is an auto bypass ?
Is just leaving a TRV off near the stat not a good idea.?

you could use a speedfit manifold and fit stubs with valves

auto bypass is a differential pressure valve as the restriction in the system rises ie trvs closing
it opens at a pre set point to keep water flow through the boiler :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back