connecting a three toilets in a row

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm currently converting a pub into a children's nursery. We are ground work for block paving out the back and need to sort out the soil pipes for a bank of three toilets. As it stands there is one toilet and I need to remove and plumb 3 junior toilets in series. Am I right in thinking its not going to be as simple as them sharing the existing single outlet? Cant seem to find the answer and it seems a bit ott having three ugly soil pipes coming out the back of the building.

Tia,

Sponsored Links
No problem with sharing one soil pipe, I've seen up to 6 sharing one pipe before & they never had any problems.
In all honesty would you expect every toilet to flush at the same time as each other?

I would run a single pipe horizontally outside the building about a foot lower than the outlets from the toilets, then drop each outlet into the pipe, that way you get a good drop on the pipe and no danger of the toilets backing up on the each other.

Sponsored Links
The standard for infants is a 300 mm pan height with a spigot centre of 140mm - the usual difficulty is getting fall on 4" waste behind the pans

Rim heights are (usually):

Infant 300 mm
Junior 350 mm
Adult 380 mm
DDA 480 mm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back