Connecting a washing machine to soilpipe.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to instal a washing machine in the bathroom next to a back-to-wall WC. A 40/110 boss adapter will need to be fixed to the top of the horizontal soilpipe to which the WC is connected. Are the solvent weld type adaptors best for this sort of thing or would this be preferable? Also, in view of a potential blockage in the WC, is it necessary to fit a Hep Vo (non-return valve) to prevent a foul back-up? Thanks for any help given. ;)

Sponsored Links
Use a solvent welded strap boss. You'll need to fit a washing machine trap and upstand, which should extend above the height of the pan, thus eliminating the potential issue of foul backup (it will overflow the pan before it comes out of the upstand).

Hi, I would like to drain my washing machine waste into cast iron soil stack. I intend to drain the washing machine waster pipe into a normal 40mm open ended vertical waste pipe + trap, and then run a 40mm pipe between trap and soil stack.

The w/machine is on the ground floor. The soil stack only collects waste from toilet on first floor.

Is this possble , and if so how do you guarantee that their wont be no leak at the joint in the soil stack ? Also, what incline should the pipe between the trap and soil stack be set to ? Is one trap sufficient to stop toilet waste from back syphoning into wash/machine ?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Start a new thread M8 and if you can measure round the pipe with a bit of string and give us the measurement ( circumference) or diameter as well if you can get @ it . Lots of answers and a couple of different sizes of Cast soil ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back