Connecting basin and shower wastes

RKB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I intend to install a standalone shower in my bathroom and move the basin from its current position to another wall. Is it possible to connect the waste and shower together with 40mm, or will I get problems with the shower trap gurgling when emptying the basin? The sequence would be:

waste through wall / shower / basin

Any other suggestions? I really don't want to take two separate wastes through the wall to the outside stack.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Separate wastes is the correct way to go. Anything else is likely to give you problems of one sort or another, depending on what measure you take to avoid problems!

Agreed..2 wastes is correct ...but I suggest two Hep v-o waste valves..In my opinion ,the 21st century answer to waste pipe traps. Ask your local plumbers merchant.

i'm aware of the issues....but i connected my basin and bath wastes togother and have no syphon problems -re smell etc.
although it does gurgle some
i was going to fit an anti syphon but wont bother now ..unless it does become a problem in the future

Sponsored Links
But would you find it acceptable, looking at RKB's case, to have the likeliest trouble - that is basin waste water coming up the shower drain?
No fun to change that if it's not what you want.

A hepv0 waste is a good bit of kit for the application. But to just try it and see wityh normal parts is like crossing the road without looking; even if you get away with it , it's still a daft thing to do!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back