Connecting Castle Euro 46 Alarm to Cabin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

In January I wired a Castle Euro 46 into our new home. We have a Cabin built in the garden and I'd like to connect up a Wireless PIR / Door Contact and Keypad for the Cabin and have this set up as a separate area. I already have the Wireless Zem connected to the panel as have two Wireless Door contacts in the house.

How do I go about setting the Cabin up a separate area? I'd like to have the Cabin armed whilst the house is unarmed, and when I walk in to the house and unset the alarm the Cabin remains armed.

How would this be done programming wise? I have read the instructions however I have thoroughly confused myself.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer

Josh

Sponsored Links
Put it in area B or C or D , then set a code for area B,C,D Only ....make sure your normal code only sets A or A, B if you use B for night set

Put it in area B or C or D , then set a code for area B,C,D Only ....make sure your normal code only sets A or A, B if you use B for night set

Thank you, We use Prox tags, I assume that works just the same? I was planning to have a Separate Tag just for the cabin.

Just so I'm clear then,
I would Install Wireless DC, PIR and KP in the cabin and learn the devices in as normal. When learning in, programme them to Area B. Then, programme a new prox tag to area B only.
Then, Change the existing prox tags to only unset area A. I can then programme the entry and exit timers for Area B.

Basically, the way this would be programmed it's almost like having two totally separate systems?

Will the House Keypad and Extension speaker beep when entry and exit is started in Area B?

Am I thinking along the right lines?

Do I need to change the programming setup of any of the existing devices?

Thank you for your help, much appreciated

How are you night setting it at the moment ( if you do this ) ? Normal setting would be A full set , B night set ....C or D shed set , house keypad set to Area A/ B only , shed keypad set to C/D , check what user codes are set for ...speaker not too sure can't recall area setting for speaker . Texecom premiers you can set speaker area tones on / off ...think the last area set 46 I did used app control so it was instant

Sponsored Links
How are you night setting it at the moment ( if you do this ) ? Normal setting would be A full set , B night set ....C or D shed set , house keypad set to Area A/ B only , shed keypad set to C/D , check what user codes are set for ...speaker not too sure can't recall area setting for speaker . Texecom premiers you can set speaker area tones on / off ...think the last area set 46 I did used app control so it was instant

We don't use the night setting so can I use Area B for shed?

I would want the speaker to sound in the house anyway so that's not a problem.

Do I have to program the Keypads to areas? I would assume if I didn't do this it would mean that I could present my house tag in the shed and unset the house from shed and vice versa?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back