connecting crome waste trap to solvent waste system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

I have just bought a chrome waste trap for my wash basin, and am now trying to connect it to my solvent weld waste pipe system which is running inside the wall.
The problem is that the channel that I have created is only just deep enought to accommodate the 32mm pipe and a solvent bent, so any fitting would need to be very shallow, in order to not stick out of the wall to much.
Ideally I would need a solvent bent with a compression fitting on one side, but I could not find anything like it anywhere. I have bought some stuff to try other things, but the straight expansion coupling in combination with a bend is sticking out to far from the wall, and even a standard compression bend is to large to be hidden inside the wall.
Another option that I have been thinking about is to simply use a solvent bend, and use some silicon to "glue" the slightly smaller chrome pipe (~31mm) into the fitting. But I am not sure if that is a very safe solution.

Any suggestions would be appreciated,

Thanks

Christoph

Sponsored Links
use a pushfit 32mm waste bend onto the chrome waste pipe and then a section of 32mm pushfit waste then a polypipe uwc32 universal coupler which will then push onto you existing 32mm solvent weld pipe.

or use a 32mm pushfit bend onto a section of pushfit 32mm waste pipe then your expansion coupling to solvent.

as the man above says try what he suggests , But if your stuck for room as you say canny see why you cant silicon it if you do it right . mind you have to live with it, but prob as good as some of the waste fittings you get from abroad these days.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back