connecting DOC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I need to replace a drain off cock that's leaking.

I've bought one, but it seems to be made of brass. Can I solder this on (I intended to use a yorkshire fitting, or do I have to use a compression joint?

I'd try it and see, but only have one - and don't want another trip to the shop.

Thanks,
David

Sponsored Links
if its leaking why dont you just change the washer.p.s yes to the soldering question

hi,
Thanks.

I tried a new washer, but it still squirts out the part with the thread - where you unscrew to open the valve.

Thanks,

David.

That's always a problem with the 'light' pattern - more water (and sludge) runs past the threads and up your sleeve than runs from the outlet.
p4778337_l.jpg

Change it for a 'heavy' pattern glanded draincock - that has a gland nut and seal around the shaft, so it doesn't leak (so much)
p2026322_l.jpg

Brass solders very nicely (dismantle and remove the washers first, or they melt!) or they will fit in a compression fitting.

Other versions are available with 1/2" BSP threads, or a longer tail for push-fit fittings etc. etc.

Sponsored Links
Change it for a 'heavy' pattern glanded draincock - that has a gland nut and seal around the shaft, so it doesn't leak (so much)

glad you said, so much.as i find they also leak.but with a bit of ptfe on the outer thread, it does the trick.

Thanks again to all.

Job done, with Heavy pattern d.o.c..

Now for the rads !

:eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back