Connecting downpipe to drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am looking to buy the parts necessary to connect an old downpipe to the drain. In the photo, you can see the downpipe on the right and then to the left of it, an old bracket, but the missing pipe absent.

The external diameter of the downpipe appears to be approximately 75mm. The approximate distance between the bottom of the downpipe and the drain is about 60cm.

I've had a look on various websites, but I'm unclear as to exactly what I would need to purchase. Can I connect something plastic to the existing downpipe? If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd be extremely grateful.

Thank you.

IMG_20231021_140218.jpg

Sponsored Links
Would a plastic hopper, a bend, followed by a short section of pipe, and another elbow/ shoe over the drain help?

The drain itself, really needs to be replaced, with a gulley.

Sponsored Links
I was hoping that there would be a way to directly connect some sort of elbow to the bottom of the downpipe, rather than use a hopper? However, I can't match up the sizes on Screwfix and other websites, which has confused me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back