connecting electric cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i wish to install electric cooker the cables and box are already there has i hv a electric cooker there at mo.new cooker has no cable so can i use exsisting cable from allready there which is the standard cable left in the house from previous owners the wires are black which i assume is neutral red live yellow and green earth the cooker does show diagram on back how to connect wires im just not sure wot colours r wot

Sponsored Links
stimoxxx said:
i wish to install electric cooker the cables and box are already there has i hv a electric cooker there at mo.new cooker has no cable so can i use exsisting cable from allready there which is the standard cable left in the house from previous owners the wires are black which i assume is neutral red live yellow and green earth the cooker does show diagram on back how to connect wires im just not sure wot colours r wot
you heard of full stops and/or commas? What rating was the old cooker? What is the rating of the new cooker? What is the rating of the fuse or other protective device protecting this circuit? What size cable do you have?

The last statement worries me very much "im just not sure wot colours r wot"
hang on, you also wrote "the wires are black which i assume is neutral red live yellow and green earth"
you're contradicting yourself. Do explain properly when you have discovered punctuation. Your OP was extremely difficult to read.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back