Connecting Hive to a green star 28i

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to connect a hive to my worscester Green star 28i
It has a British Gas receiver fitted currently, I have fitted it with the hub and stat all linking up. Green light comes on if you up temp or push boost but boiler does not ignite, followed bottom image. Top image is British Gas wiring and second pic is connection inside boiler.
Help please.
9B8E5055-CB1E-43F1-AC6E-F6F32B06D4CF.jpeg
4FE89C6F-9888-45C8-9BEB-83703D65E207.jpeg
2D477E71-D278-4895-9C21-1A429611CE72.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Can you show your Hive wiring? Did you get the Hive dual channel or single channel?

I have replaced the original receiver temporarily, single Chanel for the combi
I placed the live and neutral from L&N wires on the boiler To the L &N on the hive, the wire from LR on the boiler to positive 3 on the hive. I did not use the link wire placed on Original British Gas receiver.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
I did not use the link wire placed on Original British Gas receiver.
This is why it won’t work, you need a common, so either the link or Ls connection at the boiler.

Sponsored Links
Ah ok, just so I’ve got this right either the previous link back in or live link to the LS connection in the boiler.

No connect LS from the boiler to 1 on the hive, or you can make a link between L&1 on the hive with nothing in LS on the boiler and LR to 3 on the hive either way will work

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back