Connecting Hive to a Powermax 155x

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am connecting a dual channel hive hub to my powermax 155x (yes I know they are considered horrible boilers ) this is a combi but with a thermal store for the HW.

Connecting the CH is fine but I was wondering if anyone knew which terminal to connect the HW to without having to alter the internal wiring? Looking at the diagram it would be terminal 24 but this has a constant 230v whether the existing inbuilt programmer is on or off.

I have attached pictures for reference and any help would appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_9776.JPG
    IMG_9776.JPG
    178.9 KB · Views: 483
  • IMG_9773.PNG
    IMG_9773.PNG
    225.7 KB · Views: 636
  • IMG_9778.GIF
    IMG_9778.GIF
    248.2 KB · Views: 556
Sponsored Links
Terminal 24 would be correct. You may have permanent mains on 24 if the switch on the front left of the boiler is set to un-timed i.e. permanent hot water.
I do not know anything about Hive but you mention Dual Channel. Just bear in mind that with this boiler you will not be able to have CH timed independently of the hot water.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I have 230v on terminal 24 constantly even with both CH & HW switch to the off position on the in built programmer, thought it might be a stuck relay or something causing this. Yes I don't think hive really caters for these types of boilers but there must be a work around.

Sponsored Links
It was on continuous! Rookie mistake lol. :rolleyes:

So now it's all connected will I need to ensure either only HW times are set and in winter both CH & HW times are set together?

There's a walk through in the installation instructions 10.1 if you have them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back