Connecting Hive to Baxi Duotec

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking at buying a Hive. I have a duotec, the only control I have is a Siemens wireless room stat at the moment across terminals 1&2 on the boiler connections

Am I correct in thinking I just need the heating call wire (no 3 on the hive) connected to connection No 1 on the boiler and common on hive to No 2 on the boiler

Obviously L,N and E to the hive from the boiler power supply spur.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    45.9 KB · Views: 4,110
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    59.9 KB · Views: 6,484
Sponsored Links
Just copy what is in. Yes the HIVE needs a L and N plus E. The switching is done by 1 in HIVE and sent via 3. You really can't go wrong.

Thanks. Just confirm common in hive to 2 on the boiler diag and 3 in hive (heating on n/o) to no 1 on boiler diag

It doesn't really matter which way round you connect them as it's just a switch.

Sponsored Links
I have the same boiler baxi duo tec 33 an can’t seem to get the hive to work with it I’m starting to think it’s not compatible
If anyone as got it working I would love to know how

It's one of the simplest to install a Hive on.

Below is the wiring diagram from the Baxi Duo-tec 33 combi manual, showing how to wire it to a Room Stat. I can't remember, but if it is necessary to open up a room sealed compartment to access the boiler wiring terminals, then you should not DIY, but get a Gas Safe engineer to do this so that they can check the integrity of the seal afterwards.

Capture.JPG

To use a Hive Single channel version as the Room Stat shown above:

1. The wire from the fused spur marked N goes to the Hive N (it can come directly from the fused spur as shown, or the boiler N which is of course connected to the fused spur)
2. The wire from the boiler bk2 marked 230V goes to the Hive L
3. The wire in the boiler bk1 top terminal goes to the Hive 3 (Heating on (NO))
4. At the Hive insert a link between terminals L and 1 (Common)

If your boiler has any integral time control, this should be set to be permanently 'on' otherwise it will override the Hive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back