connecting to main sewer for ground floor toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the process of finishing off my house
Renovations.
The last job is to connect the downstairs toilet up to the main sewer.
The existing vent stack in to far away to connect upto and i dont really want to erect another
so I think my best options are these
what are your thoughts thanks kris
1465848947335.jpg

Sponsored Links
My thoughts are that option 2 is better but what are the regs in your area? Might be better for you to speak to building control, they are usually helpful!

Of course they will be contacted, i like to get people's opinions to make sure I'm on the right path before I do.

Well, to be honest, they need to be consulted not just contacted!
There are many ways to do things but rules govern which is the prescribed method!
It's your first point of call really!

Sponsored Links
How deep is the existing sewer? The smaller diameter chambers are only suitable for shallow access, up to 600mm deep. Anything deeper than that and you'll need a 450mm dia chamber.

Thanks you Hugh. It's at least a meter deep if not more
im restricted with space so won't be able to put a 450 in

1465900485097.jpg
As people say there's allways more than one option
here is another however I'm unsure of what fall angles id be allowed to get away with
here are dims and pipe work arrangements

Without wishing to sound too unhelpful, what is being hinted at here is that you should initially consult Building Control. They will let you know local regs.

Then come back armed with that info, and we can then assist from a position of knowledge.

I will echo others views, you need to involve Building Control before proceeding. With the depth you have mentioned, regs will not permit anything smaller than a 450mm chamber, for the simple reason, you will not be able to work from a smaller diameter chamber at that depth, to clean the pipework!

Your solution to drop onto the top of the pipe with a saddle or junction may be ok, but it will depend on the views of the BCO looking at the job. Alternatively, use of a shallow chamber at the appropriate level, then a bend on the outlet to take the pipe down to connect onto the existing sewer may also be an option. Lastly, the 'Marscar Bowl' gives another option, although possibly not suitable in this instance due to space constraints.

As advised here ive had council out he was under standing of my restraints and was happy to go with option 1
I've connected clay to plastic several times in past but only butting up to it not physically splicing into clay and fitting a 'T' or 'Y'.
So my question is, same principle? Remove section, use pvc T with rubber adaptors with jubilee clips, job done?
Cheers

Sorry second question
should I use a Y connector or would a swept T be ok. Regs guy wasn't clear on that one.

I need to go 90 degrees to clay pipe so would this be best option. A Y fitting spliced into clay then a 45 to bring it back into line?
Screenshot_2016-06-16-14-32-53.png

Great thanks
im in need of a square rodding point like this (which goes straight down) however im having trouble sourcing one. All that I have found are angled which won't work with my layout.
Screenshot_2016-06-16-15-36-45.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back