Connecting to soil stack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm currently in the process of building rear exstension, outside directly below kitchen window is the waste gully for sink etc...

This has got to be normal but finding it difficult for the best solution.

1- connect directly into soil down pipe 2 metres away directly into branch and blank off old exit connection.

2- Dig out existing gully to half a metre deep and connect new plastic soil pipe with a rubber connection, then a stub stack to same area.

The gully location is in the perfect location for the island sink.

Ideas would be great so I can confirm with BC.

Much appreciated for any help

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Stub stack or direct connection to the drain, assuming that run is roddable from an external point. Stub stack would be a bit bulky under an Island sink, I'd go for direct connection to the drain. Fit an adaptor at/around finished floor level, connect wastes into that.
Waste pipe adaptor. .jpg

Hi thanks for the reply, iv looked into this but my only issue is the main soil pipes runs directly under area of proposed exstension. Only roddable point would be main drain (located 7 meters away) On the other hand I do have a existing soil down pipe with roddable access, would prefer this method due to unblocking if future issues. I only considered the stub stack for Rodding if needed. Biggest issue is building regs, would you say both either option would be ok..

Oh forgot to mention its old clay pipe, which runs through both trenches, I have changed to plastic only in trenches with rubber connections eitherside to allow for movement.

This gully then t's directly into.

Thanks again for your quick reply

Use preferred method into stack if easier. Important to blank off any disused drain runs though, rats quite like a dry section to make a nest.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back