connecting to underground drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm not much of a diy expert particularly on drainage. Had this drawing done a few months ago and now I have a waste for sink from plumber and the gutter from roof of extension (see photo descriptions). I had to get a new builder to finish off as original one dug hole and has since not answered calls or returned messages. New builder has said to ask architect if I need a new IC for waste water and whether he would accept a gulley with grille as there is an inspection chamber right by it one side (see photo with pipes), and an inspection chamber a couple of feet the other side where waste meets sewer run from neighbour next door and flows off to wherever. New Builder said he would cut out section of clay extg sewer pipe and use plastic with connection to gully.

Can I get some advice on whether this is possible, or if i should have a new IC? If I do what would best option be?

pictures: https://www.diynot.com/diy/media/albums/drainage.26284/#ixzz4yIByZ3O3

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
The drawings show a new chamber but if it were my house I'd be happy with a gully that had access connected to a normal junction.

Bottle Gulley will provide required access through lateral to main run, main run is accessible from both ends. I am assuming the external waste is replacing the indicated 50mm stub stack on the drawing, what has happened to the proposed 110mm connection from inside the building?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back